Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Weekend of Blessings from Friday night until Sunday morning!

On Friday night, Doug and I volunteered at the first 789 Jam on the Hill. It was an event that was held at our church building and sponsored by the West Linn Parks and Recreation, West Linn Police, and former Portland Trailblazer, Brian Grant. Over 250 7th, 8th and 9th graders attended the dance from 7:30 - 10:30. It was an awesome experience to be a part of. The next event will be held on Friday, September 11th at Willamette Church!

On Saturday morning, Doug, Taylor, and I loaded up the last of Taylor's things in the truck and his car and headed down to Eugene. When we left, Taylor was pretty much set. On one hand,I had a hard time saying good bye to Taylor...he and I have had a great year together. We experienced Alpine Europe together, we walked in Vietnam and Cambodia together, all with Walking Adventures. We enjoyed countless Trailblazer games with each other, and quite a few culinary delights along the way. On the other hand, I am so proud of the man Taylor has become this last year. He has accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior, and will be working toward an education that will allow him to serve Him. What a Blessing.


Another Blessing for me this week was on Saturday night. Luke and his wife Melissa visited a church in their area. They expressed an interest in going back to church and have been looking for a church that offers a Saturday night service. They are far and few between in their area. I am so surprised that more churches aren't having Saturday evening services. Melissa works on Sundays! They visited the SonRise church in Hillsboro and liked it. I love them both so much. I can hardly wait to see their baby in November. They went and got a few things registered at Babies R Us this weekend too! They only have 3 months more from today before the baby is due!!


The last blessing I will blog about is about Baptism. Our sermon this week was on Baptism, why we do it and why we do it the way we do. The work Baptize means to dip or to dunk. That is the way Jesus chose to have John the Baptist Baptize him in the river. After service on Saturday night, 10 people chose to be baptized. After 9 am service today, 14 people were baptized. After the 10:45 service, 39 people chose Jesus in baptism, and another 8 were baptized in the river after service. 71 people chose Jesus this weekend...what an amazing experience to see that many people moved to make that decision for the Lord. I felt blessed to be able to experience that.
My friend Dani chose to get baptized today with 38 others. She had made that decision when she was a young girl, but felt like she really knew now what it means to follow Jesus, and wanted to make that public confession. It was so awesome to see.
So, our weekend was full of blessings...I thank God for my family, my boys and my daughter in law, my parents, my husband, and friends. I love you all!

No comments: