Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Blessings

A couple of weeks ago, Melissa and I decided we would do a garage sale. So, I have been trying to go through my clutter and prepare. Melissa had an inventory weekend at Shane Co in between, so she had little time off to get all she wanted ready. On Thursday night, Sept 3rd, Melissa came out with the Scion XB filled with "stuff" and doggies. We put the dogs out to play, went and put out signs, and then treated ourselves to dinner. Gramma met us at Bugatti's and came home with us to help us price. We hit the hay late, and were up at six, placing final signs and getting a much needed coffee drink at Starbucks. The weather coooperated, and we had a good day on Friday. Luke came out after work, and after we closed the garage sale, the four of us had a nice dinner together. At 11 pm, Luke, our master bbq'er, put the brisket on to smoke overnight, as that is about a 16 hour project. Doesn't it look Delicious? It was!

Saturday morning came with a deluge of RAIN. Luke and I put out signs and desended on Dutch Bros for our morning latte's. We didn't have much business for a while because of the weather. We had to set up in the garage instead of outside. All in all it ended up to be a success. We had fun, laughing together at some of the things people liked and visiting, mostly for me about my new grandbaby.

After Luke and Melissa headed for home with their two doggies, Doug and I went to our Saturday night service. Joel preached another great sermon on Luke 11...what we are to be doing...teaching the world to be followers of Jesus.

This morning, I got up and headed to Eugene to see Taylor. The next months are busy with two tours, weddings, 789 Jams and more...so I wanted to get down to see him. We had a nice lunch and a great visit. I hated to leave him, but know he is doing great and loves where he is. I just miss his company!

Tomorrow, I am going to get ready for our Reunion Tour in Albuquerque. I leave one week from today. Doug flys on the 16th. It should be a good time, but I have lots to do before I go. One job being the 100+ personalized notes for our travelers.

I thank God daily for the life he has given me. I am so grateful, and appreciative of all the blessings. We all have struggles, but with Jesus on our side...we can endure, and have hope in the future.

No comments: